Quest for Glory continued

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:17 am

one day, after having woken up from a disturbed and uneasy sleep of drunken nightmares you vow to leave your boring and meaningless life behind and start a quest for glory and purpose that will either end in you being the greatest man, or women to have ever existed, or in your corpse.

you wash yourself in the small bathroom of your little house in a little human majority town, and as you feel the refreshing splash of cold water in your face you look at yourself in the mirror:

you are .......... the ...........

-

Liendas the Elf.

-

despite being of the proud race of the elfs, who usually live relatively isolated lifes from the rest of the worlds races, you have long ago lost contact with your kin, when you moved into the small human town that has been your home for many years.

but not for much longer. as you dress yourself you ponder what to take with you on your coming adventure. the world is a dangerous place, that much you remember, and so mentally go through your inventory of housewares to decide what would be most useful to you:

your kitchen knifes: agility and speed

your chimney poker: strenght and endurance

your meager collection of books: (while you do not know any magic, it is a place to start) intelligence and culture

-

you decide to go with your natural, though grossly neglected physique and pick up a set of kitchen knifes.

before leaving your house, your home for the last few decades behind you take one last moment to reflect on your decision, and think wether there is anything you might want to take with you on your journey.

you keep in mind that you want to travel lightly though.

...........

-

you take a warm coat with you, but decide to forgo the food, as these kinds of things will not play a big role in your story. you are greatful for that and reflect how much more ardous your journey would be, if it was that realistic Wink

you finally leave your house and by extension your old life behind you.

you deliberate your next step:

stay in town for a while to: ...........

leave town as quickly as possible:

-

you decide to leave town as quickly as possible to get to a bigger town. what you will do there, you are not entirely sure yet, but you know you want to get away from your old life as quickly as possible.

as your town is not very big, you reach the end of it very quickly and without incident.

you are now faced with the decision where you want to go to. the only bigger towns you can think of in range are:

- the lake town wawabalo

- the forest community noizewal

- and the neighbouring town on the plains

-

as you stand on the outskirts of your town you suddenly realize you forgot to take what little money you had with you, only to feel great relief when you feel the weight of your coin purse in the pocket of your coat.

-

as you have not traveled much outside of your town in years you are not entirely sure of the right way, but feel reasonably confident that you are going in right direction.

around 4 hours on your way you come across a road going in the relative direction you have been traveling.

will you:

- follow the road

- not follow the road

-

you decide to forgo the road in favour of getting your stamina levels off the ground where they have rested these last decades.

making your way into a slowly roughening terrain, which is becoming more rocky as well you begin to question wether you haven´t lost your way.

you pause in your steps to think about your next course of action:

-backtrace your way to the road in the hopes it will lead to the forest after all

-press on, confident that you will find your way to your destination eventually

-

even though the voices in your head aren´t of one mind in this matter you decide to listen to the voice of reason and successfully backtrace your way to the road.

after following said road for some hour or two you see a figure stepping in front of you in a distance.

will you:

- approach the figure

- flee from the figure

-

as you approach the figure you take notice of his shabby, and sickly looking appearance.

you stop a couple of meters in front of him and study him, for you now see he is a man.

he is clad in rags and has a gaunt, and indeed sickly looking face.

"got any money on ya?" he asks in a raspy sounding voice.

) as established in the last game the standart options for npcs will be:

1 for appoach/talk with ......... meaning your input. (feel free to write directi dialouge)
2 for attack
3 for attempt to flee (

1
2
3

-

"good sir, i am willing to pay you some money if you could give me directions to noizwal." you say in a calm tone of voice.

the man scratches his head: "ain´t never heard of no noizwal. that some of your prissy elf stuff? hehehehee, that´s all i can do for ya laddie. so give me the money you promised now"

1
2
3

-

you tell him to come closer so that you can give him the money.

odds, he agrees

evens, he suspects something and attacks

-

the man, you suspect is a highway robber is suspicious about your seeming compliance pulls out a small, rusty iron dagger and attack:

your hp: 14

robbers hp: 8

the robber attacks first for 1d4

-

he clumsily swings his dagger at you and you try to dodge:

as you chose agility and speed as your main attributes you have a 1 in 6 chance to avoid an attack by a weaker or evenly matched foe

1 avoids the attack

-

you fail to avoid his attack and get cut in your arm.

your hp 12

robbers hp 8

what will you do:

1: attack with your knifes for 2d4

2: attempt to flee

-

you cut into the highway robber and he gives a cry of pain. there is a certain desperate determination in his eyes, however and he moves to attack you again.

your hp: 12
robbers hp: 5

-

you again try to dodge his erratic attack, but are cut once again. you grit your teeth through the pain:

your hp: 9
robbers hp: 8

1
2

-

your attack once again hits true, but this time much deeper. the highway robber is cut badly by your attack and falls to the ground in a bleeding heep, the light quickly leaving his eyes.

you are still breathing very quickly as the adrenaline of the battle is still rushing through your veins. as you feel yourself calming down a bit you look at the dead highway robber.

what do you want to do?

-

you decide to loot him for the spoils of war. as you go through his torn, and now also bloody and cut up rags you notice just how badly malnourished and sickly looking he was.

you only find a few coins and his rusty iron dagger worth taking. as you survey the bloodied and cut up corpse you feel a dark blot forming on your soul.

you notice how it is getting dark and deliberate your next step.

-

you decide to wander a bit off-road so to speak to find shelter for the night. you do not know whether there are dangerous beasts around, but better not to risk it.

after a short while you come across a shabby lokking wodden hut. inside you find nothing than a few dirty blankets and mouldy looking water. you conclude that this is most likely the highway robbers former abode.

- spend the night in there

- spend the night outside

-

you decide to spend the night in the small shack, deciding that since you already took the mans life you might as take his home.

you think it might be a good idea to lock the shacks door, but quickly discover that the shack has no lock and is barely stable enough to keep the worst of the elements at bay.

you do however lay out small branches outside of the shack as a warning system if someone approaches you in the night.

your wounds by now have stopped bleeding and are starting to close.

-

you spend the night undisturbed in the small shack and awake refreshed, rested and healed.

what do you want to do now?

- go back to follow the road

- go a different way

-

you backtrace your way back to the road. after a while you come across the spot where you fought and killed the highway robber. you can still see his small form lying on the ground, only now he is not the only one you can see.

a bulky, boar like creature is apparantly feeding on his carcass. it´s back is around 1.40 meters high. it hasn´t noticed you yet.

what will you do?

- approach

- attempt to flee

-

you attempt to flee:

- even succeeds

- odds gets the beasts attention

-

you quitely make your way around the creature and continue your way on the road.

after half a day of walking without encountering anyone or anything you start to doubt whether you are ever going to reach your destination. as your frustration just reaches it´s peak you suddenly notice the land getting greener again. maybe you will find noizwal after all.

-

after some more hours of wandering you find yourself on the edge of a large forest. you are quite happy about your progress. you walk a short way into the forest when you notice that something seems off. maybe it is the total silence that surrounds you or unnatural darkness that seems to lurk further in the woods, but you feel yourself getting nervous.

what do you want to do?

- call it a day and spend the night here on the outskirts of the forest

- go further in, your mind is just playing tricks on you

- get the fuck out

-

you decide that the uncomfortable feeling you have is just a trick of your mind so you venture further into the dark wood.

after you have walked for maybe another hour. you find it hard to tell how much time elapses since there still is no sound audible but the sound of your steps on the soft forest floor and the ever more oppressing darkness.

Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:10 am

making your way even deeper in the now officially creepy forest you feel your nervosity rising steadily to an almost unbearable degree. stumbling your way through the darkness you suddenly find yourself in the opening of a clearing that is illuminated by pale moonlight.

as your eyes slowly adapt to the change of light you hear yourself gasp in terror at the sight you behold:

a massive, hulking shape standing over a much smaller, twisted form on the ground. the beast standing there looks like nothing you have ever seen or heard of; at least two meters tall, and almost as wide the only description that comes to your mind is a gorilla crossed with a lizard. from the gorilla it´s got it´s shape and from the lizards it´s scales. it´s face a twisted visage of rage and pain, with large, bloodied fangs that look as if they could rip apart an elf like you with ease.

a second later you realize that they probably have ripped apart an elf with ease, as your eyes are drawn back to the small figure on the ground: twisted, mangled, bloodied... these are the words that spring into your mind as you try to see more clearly what the beast is standing over.

unfortunately your involuntary gasp was enough to catch it´s attention:

what will you do:

1
2
3
Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Usteche on Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:17 pm

Flee! We can't penetrate scales with our lame knives.
Usteche
Usteche
Level 0

Title : Peasant
Posts : 45
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:38 pm

you want to flee, but are frozen in fear. the creature moves towards you, but slower than you expected. much slower in fact.

when it is but a few steps from your position you suddenly notice how grievously wounded it is: large cuts and incisions littler it´s body and it is leaving a thick trail of blood behind it.

will you:

- take the initiative and attack it

- try again to flee
Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Usteche on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:51 pm

Use our speed and attack it from the side!
Usteche
Usteche
Level 0

Title : Peasant
Posts : 45
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:56 pm

you decide to summon your courage and attack the dying beast before it kills you:

your hp: 14

beasts hp: 8 and bleeding +2 dmg per turn

you draw your knifes and attack:

) since the site only offers 100 sided dice rolls atm i have to use another dice rolling app, i hope you trust me Razz(

2 - 1

your attack manages to hit it in an open wound: the beasts roars with pain and staggers back, hatred and pain clouding it´s eyes.
Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:57 pm

the creature then moves to attack you, albeit very sluggishly. you try to dodge its attack: dodge with 1
Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Usteche on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:58 pm

We trust you Smile
Usteche
Usteche
Level 0

Title : Peasant
Posts : 45
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:59 pm

4
your dodge fails and you are glanced by it´s claws for 3 damage. the creature is bleeding badly:

your hp: 11
beasts hp: 3

what will you do:

1
2
Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Usteche on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Finish off the beast!
Usteche
Usteche
Level 0

Title : Peasant
Posts : 45
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:07 pm

upon seeing your foe this weakend you once again muster your courage and move to attack:

3 - 3

this time your attack strikes true, right into it´s wounded flank and it goes down with a roar, that suddenly dies in it´s throat. it´s eyes, before clouded with pain and hatred become glassy as it´s last breath leaves it´s throat.

you are breathing heavily, very alert but the with the noise of the short battle gone, deadly silence once again takes it´s place.

what will you do:

- check the other figure on the ground
- flee the place as soon as possible
- find a place to hide for the night
Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Usteche on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:39 pm

Check the other figure on the ground.

Do we get levels/abilities in this?
Usteche
Usteche
Level 0

Title : Peasant
Posts : 45
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:41 pm

Usteche wrote:Do we get levels/abilities in this?

yes, whenever i think it appropriate to make us stronger.
Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Usteche on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Sweeet.

> Check the other body, we need more items!
Usteche
Usteche
Level 0

Title : Peasant
Posts : 45
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:48 pm

you decide to check the the beasts last victim: stepping into the clearing you realize for the first time just how much blood there is on the floor. you suddenly realize that very probably most of the blood on the beasts hide was not it´s own.

stepping up to the mangled figure on the ground you realize that it indeed is another elf. then you see that it may have been another elf, for the state the carcass is in at the moment is as far from the usual elegance and beauty of your race as you can imagine.

you see white bones jutting of of torn flesh, the limbs twisted, the cloak the elf was wearing cut and drenched in blood.

you feel your stomach churn and look away for a while in order not to throw up.

when you feel a little better you examine the elf again. he seemes to be wearing light chainmail of elfen making, though it is badly damaged. he is lying on what you can only presume is a broken and shattered curved sword.

what will you do:

- leave him in peace
- loot him Twisted Evil
- gtfo
Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Usteche on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:54 pm

We shall take his chainmail and use it, but we shall return it to his family, should we ever find them. We shall also give him a proper Elven Burial.
Usteche
Usteche
Level 0

Title : Peasant
Posts : 45
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:58 pm

you decide your need is greater than a dead elfs dignity and search his body:

you find a few coins and strapped to his side an elven dagger. you also strip him of his punctured chainmail coat, even though it won´t offer you much more protection than what you are wearing at the moment.

you think about burying the dead elf but find you have nothing to dig with.

what will you do:

Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Usteche on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Murmur a quick prayer and set off into the bush, looking for his village.
Usteche
Usteche
Level 0

Title : Peasant
Posts : 45
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:14 pm

you decide to continue on through the night in search of the elfs village. as you leave the clearing again almost total darkness surrounds you again and now, that you know what might be lurking in the darkness your nervosity does not feel unreasonable any more.

yet, you muster your courage once more and venture onwards, your innate elf sense leading you in one particular direction.

suddenly you stumble out of the dark wood again, and instinctively shield your eyes from the light, which is much brighter than the starlight in that clearing.

as you start to see clearly again, you see that you have indeed found your way to what you only can presume is your destination, the elf town noizwal:

here, the oldest and biggest trees of the forest have gathered and huge wooden structures have been build around the tree to great heights and even in between.

the city is a great deal bigger, and a lot higher than your little town was, and consists of many levels high up into trees.

it also is a bloodbath. thousands of torches, situated on every level of the city to provide illumination reveal what you can only describe as a massacre of genocidal dimension:

there is blood everywhere, coloring the normally green and brown hues of the cities architecture:

torn apart and mangled forms that you can only wish are dead elfs litter the streets with a good deal of dead beasts not unlike the one you fought lying in between.

your first thought is that you can only hope that they all killed each other or that the rest of the beasts have fled the city, since you do not want to meet an uninjured specimen of the scaly hulks.

what will you do:
Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Usteche on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:15 pm

Enter the city, VERY CAREFULLY
Usteche
Usteche
Level 0

Title : Peasant
Posts : 45
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:18 pm

you decide that there probably, HOPEFULLY won´t be any of the scaled fiends left and enter the city in the hopes of: .........
Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Usteche on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:24 pm

Finding an armoury and maybe survivors.
Usteche
Usteche
Level 0

Title : Peasant
Posts : 45
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:31 pm

you decide to search the city for survivors and, on a more pragmatic side the armoury. hopefully they will have left it unlocked at the apparantly sudden attack.

as you make your way through the dead, and eerily silent city you take in the frozen expressions on you former fellow elfs faces: there is anger, yes, but much more common are sheer terror and fright and the worry for not only oneselfs, but ones loved ones lifes.

when you come across the bodies of group of elf children, and an elf female you can not hold your stomachs contends any more and throw up violently - and very audible too.

after stabilizing yourself on a nearby treetrunk you suddenly startle:

was that a noise?

what will you do:
Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Usteche on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:01 pm

Climb tree.
Usteche
Usteche
Level 0

Title : Peasant
Posts : 45
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Davinelulinvega on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:05 pm

you decide to climb a tree. since there are no stairs near you you try to climb it a mano. you are, however not used to climbing trees and are very nervous:

- even succeeds
- odds fails

Davinelulinvega
Davinelulinvega
Level 2
Level 2

Title : silicon life
Posts : 118
Registered : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Quest for Glory continued Empty Re: Quest for Glory continued

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum