DTGC
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mafia - The Social Trickery Game

Go down

Mafia - The Social Trickery Game Empty Mafia - The Social Trickery Game

Post  Dessert Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:55 pm

I'm starting a game of Mafia. Some of you may have heard of it, some of you may have not. For more information, read on.

Mafia is a game of trust with your fellow forum members. In this game, every player is given an identity secretly. You could be a regular citizen of the town, a member of the mafia trying to take out all of the non-mafia citizens, a doctor, even a sheriff.

Your role as a member of the law-abiding populace is to weed out the mafia and stay alive, as the mafia, your job is to outnumber the citizens by secretly offing them one by one while not letting everyone else know your identity. Every morning, town deaths are posted, and the citizens must choose a person to execute for the safety of the town.

Choose wisely.

------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be a long-term game, as each day in the game will correspond to approximately one day in real life.

I ask that you please keep this thread for official game posts, and if you have any questions, please send a PM.

If you would like to sign up for the game, please send a PM with "Mafia" as the subject, and I will make a list, and when ready to start the game, I will assign roles via PM and further instructions about your role.
Dessert
Dessert
Level 0

Title : Peasant

Back to top Go down

Mafia - The Social Trickery Game Empty Re: Mafia - The Social Trickery Game

Post  Dessert Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:42 pm

So, lets get this party started!

The object of the citizens is to try to lynch the mafia during the day votes. The object of the mafia is to outnumber the citizens.

There will also be a Detective, who can choose one person per night round to identify as mafia or citizen.

Please use this thread for discussion and votes during the daytime. Please do not post in the thread during the night time rounds, as you are supposed to be asleep.
Each change in phase (Day/Night) will occur approx. every 24 hours, to give people enough time to discuss and perform actions. NOTE: If all actions are performed for the night phase before the 24 hour period, night will end.

Detective: PM me every night round to identify someone, if you do not, I will choose someone AT RANDOM.

Mafia: PM me every night round to target someone, if you do not, I will choose someone AT RANDOM.

Everyone: Discuss the possible mafia during the daytime rounds in this thread. Once you are sure of who you want to vote for, cast your vote in BOLD. Make sure its obvious who you vote for please so that I can easily look to see who was voted for.

LIST OF PLAYERS
-Dignle (Living)
-Smarty (Living)
-The Ghost (Living)
-nornbear (Living)
-Davinelulinvega (Living)
-Mastermind (Living)
-SovietRussian (Living)

-------NIGHT ONE-----------

The sun sets as darkness falls upon the city. People crawl into their beds for a restful nights sleep.

In the old warehouse, a strange meeting takes place between TWO people, what are they up to?

The lights are on at the police station tonight, it seems that the Detective is hard at work tracking down the mafia.

(CITIZENS: Go to sleep!)
(MAFIA: First Meeting - No action this night phase)
(DETECTIVE: PM the name of your target to identify)
Dessert
Dessert
Level 0

Title : Peasant

Back to top Go down

Mafia - The Social Trickery Game Empty Re: Mafia - The Social Trickery Game

Post  Dessert Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:17 am

--------------DAY ONE---------------------

The townsfolk wake up the next morning and gather in the square.

There is talk of a murderer about. The mayor has decided to take votes to lynch a member of the citizenship.

Please discuss in this thread who you think may be the Mafia, please cast your vote IN BOLD.

Any non-votes will be counted as No Lynch, and votes will be closed no earlier than 11:16PM GMT-5 tomorrow night.

2 Mafia Remain, 1 Detective Remains

LIST OF PLAYERS
-Dignle (Living)
-Smarty (Living)
-The Ghost (Living)
-nornbear (Living)
-Davinelulinvega (Living)
-Mastermind (Living)
-SovietRussian (Living)
Dessert
Dessert
Level 0